Recognizing the substance abuse crisis
Let’s look at the facts:
- in 2016, more than 63,000 people died from drug-related deaths here in the United States. That’s a 21.5% increase over the previous year.
- Over 65% of those deaths were attributed to opioids.
- More than 88,000 people die from alcohol-related deaths each year.
- Alcohol is the 3rd leading preventable cause of death in the United States.
These statistics highlight the epidemic what we’re up against. Drug and alcohol addiction are complex conditions that take a community to fight. That complexity means that substance abuse treatment should involve a community as well.
Addiction treatment centers and mental health communities are fighting the crisis head-on. Research shows those who receive long-term treatment can see many positive results. These include:
- They stop using drugs and alcohol; and
- They stop participating in criminal activity; and
- They improve how they function at work; and
- They manage their social life; and
- They improve their mental well-being.
Of course outcomes depend on many factors specific to patients’ unique needs. But addiction to drugs and alcohol can be successfully managed. By recognizing the crisis and customizing treatment options, we can help patients in their fight to regain control of their lives.
His struggle to recover helped him recognize the extent of the crisis. His collaboration with The Blackberry Center has given him an avenue to find their way out of that crisis.
We can help you
If you or one of your loved ones is struggling with substance abuse problems, The Blackberry Center can help. We use a personalized approach to addiction treatment. Our focus is on treating the disease, not the symptoms. We put our patients first every step of the way.
Take your first step towards recovery.
Our substance abuse-only treatment programs include detox, residential and partial hospitalization program. Our on-site rehab programs focus on a comprehensive recovery approach. They address your physical, mental and spiritual needs for optimal wellness. Your needs are unique. We treat you as such.
Reach out for help today
You may be struggling with long-term drug addiction. Or you may be fighting strong temptations to abuse drugs or alcohol. We can meet you where you are in your fight for sobriety.
We welcome you to our state-of-the-art facility. From support groups to individual therapy treatment options, we are here to fight the battle with you.
Reach out to us online today. You can also call us at 888-512-9802.